15 Must have plugin for wordpress users
If you are a new wordpress user on self-hosted wordpress blog than you have to know some of best and must have plugin for wordpress. Plugins are just like an add-in to your wordpress application. Using these plugins you can customise your blog as per your need without knowing code of wordpress. For a newbie who don’t have knowledge of wordpress codes (these are in PHP) these plugins serves best to modify wordpress.
Must have plugin for wordpress-
1. Jetpack by wordpress.com – Using Jetpack you can have wordpress.com like features in self-hosted wordpress. You can add subcriptions option using emails and follow checkbox below comments forms. Jetpack allow you to see your website stats, social share buttons for your posts/pages. Recently Jetpack started mobile theme for wordpress , it will automatically convert your theme to mobile theme if someone open the site inside a mobile/tablet browser.
2. Akismet – Akismet is a spam protector for your comments and contact forms. It automatically puts the spam comments inside a spam folder and these messages deleted after one month automatically.
3. SI captcha anti spam – Using SI captcha plugin you can put a captcha below your comment and contact forms. This is a very must have plugin for wordpress because if you don’t apply secure captcha and Akismet your message box will full of thousands of spam messages in a single day. There are many miscreants those job is only to create trouble for new blog users.
4. WP super Cache / W3 Total Cache – These both plugins are must have plugin for wordpress users. You can choose one from them which ever works best for you. I am working on WP super Cache because I was found some troubles with WP Total Cache. These plugin creates a cache image of your blog so that visiters are served a cashed wordpress site. That will load very fast and also reduce load on server. But you should be careful when you used these plugins, as these are also cashed your RSS feeds and many other things those you don’t want to cache e.g. you should uncheck the box serve a cache page for known or register user to see the changes quickly when you update your blog.
5. Nrelate flyout – This plugin create a slide that shows some of your related posts when you scroll down to end of post.
6. All in one SEO pack/WordPress SEO by yoast – These are also must have plugin for wordpress users, you can choose any one of them. Using them you can create a post or page that is more SEO friendly so that your post may see in search engines.
7. WP DB manager – using this plugin you can manage your database and optimise your database.
8. WP security Scan– This plugin helps you to ensure security of your wordpress blog.
9. Fast secure contact form/Contact Form 7 – Using any one of them these must have wordpress plugin you can create a contact form for your visiters. Using them visiter can contact you withoput display your email id publically.
10. Related posts for wordpress – Using this related post plugin you can add your desired posts manually below your posts.
11 . Add link to facebook – Using this plugin you can add facebook comments and like box below your posts. Also you can share your new posts automatically on your facebook time line or your facebook fan page.
12. Subscribe 2 – using this plugin you can send email notifications of your new posts to your subscribers. You can also import export your email contacts list in csv format. But this plugin uses your server’s email account to send emails, and also may attract spam senders to send multiple emails using this plugin.
13. WP UI tabs – Using this plugin you can enhance your post writing with many features as you can change font size, colours, insert numbering tabs, insert tables , insert media files , embaded you tube videos. This is really a must have wordpress plugin for all wordpress users.
14. Google XML site map – This plugin generate a xml site map of your blog that can be used easily for search engine to enhance your search engine visibility.
15. Easy Adsense Manager/Adsense manager – Using both plugins you can easily manage your adsense ads display. You can choose where to show ads and where not. You can also put an adsense search widget in your side bar. Using Ad manager you can manually put ads where you want to place any selective ads e.g. just import your ad code inside ad manager and name them by simple typing this [ad#name] code wherever you want to put your desired ads.