Samsung is working on Galaxy s3 Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware that will have many features of Galaxy S4. For testing purpose and users opinions this has now become very common that many manufactures leaked their beta versions through unofficial blogs and sources. For Samsung Sammobile is the biggest name and provides these leaked firmwares to users using their site.
According to Sammobile the final Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware is in almost in the shape and may be released officially in July or August.
Details of this leaked firmware are-
Source – Sammobile.com
Android Version: 4.2.2 – JDQ39 (Jelly Bean)
Region: Open Europe
Changelist: 702147 (Previous leak: I9300XXUFME3 = 611730)
Build Date: 21 May 2013
The new features included in this firmware are –
1. New Galaxy S4 style lock screen and with both ripple and light effect.
2. Galaxy s4 style tabbed settings menu for easy navigation through settings
3. More fluid and smooth user experience
4. Galaxy S4 S-voice features
5. 3D gallery view with white background
Other features are-
– New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
– Driving mode
– Actionable notifications
– New Additions in Notification Center
– Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the S4)
– Addition of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
– Gallery modes have white background (When changing gallery modes to 3D the background changes to white)
– Full screen Samsung apps
– New S-Voice (from S4)
– New smart switch widget
But Galaxy S4 camera features are missing, like drama shot and dual camera mode.
As this is a beta firmware it may have many bugs , some of users says that phone become too hot during operation, some time hang also.
This firmware will not increase your phone’s binary counter and also your device status will remain as official, but this will wipe your whole data. So if you want to test it on your Galaxy S3 , before installing take a backup, also remove your SD card for protection.
As like other stock firmware this rom can be installed to your Galaxy S3 using odin. If you are not familiar with Odin and flashing a ROM see this post for flashing a stock ROM and rooting of galaxy S3-
For the preview of this firmware see the video sourced from sammobile-