Jun 032012
 

I have recently upgraded to android 2.3.5 in my htc wildfire S, as others also I didn’t know that this upgrade will change my default lock screen to a ring unlock screen.

This is very frustrating to always pull this ring to unlock the screen or pick a call, many times I had lost my calls and many times didn’t able to unlock quickly when I needed.

I googled on internet I found the solution of this that I am sharing with you , as once upgraded you can’t go back to your default lock screen and without rooting you can not disable this ring unlock option. But there are some tricks to avoid this ring –

1. Install widgetlocker or  MiHome launcher apps from google play store to change your lock screen, MiHome launcher also having MiLocker that has been removed now from play store. If you only want Milocker in place of full launcher you can download directly this apk file from here mi locker . Although for widgetlocker you have to pay some bucks as this is a paid apps, but MiHome is a free android apps that let you choose different unlocking options.

In widget locker you can also choose back key to unlock your htc wildfire S, that is very good option and I have got rid from ring unlock option.

2. For picking up a call I have tested Ezanswer and advanced telephone manager android apps but both are not working in htc wildfire S, these android apps working well in my defy but not works in wildfire S.

I have again googled and found that call pickup action that was used by me was wrong by pulling the ring upside , the right action is just press , hold and drag call picker icon (green one) inside the ring , and for rejecting just press hold & drag call rejecting icon(red one) inside the ring. It is very easy and working like a charm.

This post is to help many htc wildfire S users to get rid problem of ring unlock and ring call picking.

  • sidharth

    Good information.

  • jishu

    i m having the same issue,let me try ur funda thanks bro…

  • Ar

    Thanks ,it works perfectly.

  • Mark

    Thanks, problem finally solved!