This is another gift of Google to us that you can print from anywhere in the world; even using your android mobile to your home/office printer.
This service is Google Cloud Print and it is free of cost. To use this service you need a desktop pc with Google Chrome browser and working internet connection, a Google account and a working printer attached to your desktop/laptop.
Even HP also provide cloud printing solution using HP ePrint but it is chargeable and you require a Printer that is compatible with internet printing and directly connected to internet. In this solution after registration your Printer with Hp eprint service you will get a email using that email you can print your documents by sending email to that address with documents attached to email.
In Google Cloud Print you need not any special printer any printer will work but it should be directly connected to your desktop/laptop that is having internet access and also it should be remain on to receive print command any time.
See how to configure Google Cloud Print-
- First check your printer , it should be work fine from your PC, if you require to install new printer then first install driver that come with your printer and give a test page to check its working.
- Now open your chrome browser and click on wrench icon in top right side, now click on settings/preference. Now scroll down and click on advanced settings and after scroll down you will found Google Cloud Print. Now click on add printers.
3. You will asked to sign in with your google account, select the same Google account that is also configured with your android device tab or smartphone. So that you can also print from your mobile and tablet phone.
4. Now for testing just click on Print Tab as shown below, now choose your desktop file that you want to print now select printer and click on print.
5. If you want to give print from remote PC/Mobile/Tablet then sign in your google account , and move to google drive/documents . Now select the document that you want to print and select as Google Cloud Print and select your printer name , click on print to complete the action. That’s it.
I have tested it to my home pc and a hp printer and give a command from my Tablet and every things woks like a charm.