What is difference between LED and LCD TV and Displays
When you think to purchase a HDTV, it is very confusing that which TV to be purchased e.g. LED or LCD. In today’s time television are playing very important role in our life. And to decide which TV should be suitable for you we have furnished some comparison between LCD Vs LED TV’s. Let us see LED (light emitting diodes) and LCD (liquid crystal display) differences –
- An LED TV is specialized form of LCD TV. LCD TV uses a CCFL (cold cathode fluorescent lamp) backlight and it is also basic technology of most monitors, television, tablets and smartphone’s but LED TV uses a bunch of light emitting diodes backlight.
- LED TVs can consume up to 40% less power than a LCD TV of similar size and LED TVs are thinner than standard LCD TVs.
- LED TVs are also environment friendly more than LCD TVs because there being no mercury used during manufacture.
- LED TVs are more expensive than LCD TVs of similar size.
- An LED TV uses less power but provides a brighter display with better contrast, a thinner panel, and lesser heat dissipation than a conventional LCD TV.
- There are three types of LED TVs based on their backlighting methods like Edge LEDs (which we are most commonly used in homes), Dynamic RGB LEDs, and Full array LEDs but in LCD there are no any other types.
- LEDs produce crisper colors and smoother pictures than LCDs.
- LCDs are better option for home gaming and also cheaper than LEDs.
- LED TVs have superior quality images and realistic colors but LCDs don’t have.
- Most LCD TV’s have no reflective displays but LED TV’s have much better viewing angles and black levels.
- LED has amazing color reproduction when compared to LCD.
- LCD displays have the price advantage and LED displays have the advantage of being slimmer than most LCD displays.