If you are using your wordpress blog on godaddy hosting and want to use subscribe2 plugin for email notifications then your have to do some settings for your wordpress blog unless you are not able to send email notificatiions using subscriber2.
When I was not aware about subscriber2, I was using jetpack for subscription but Jetpack having dis-advantage that it will send you a full post in emails not excerpts that is desired , also you can not manage your subscribers only sunbscribers have choice to unfollow.
Settings for subscribe2-
- first install subscribe2 plugin
- now make a user that is having email associated with your domain e.g. email@example.com
- now in subscriber2 settings from field use this user.
- Now install wp mail smtp plugin
- in smtp plugin do the settings as like below-
Now test your subscribe2 settings bu sending test email, also choose from field in safe secure contact form and will work as a charm for you.
You may also like to see-